Food

Lets Bake: Chocolate cupcakes

Monday, March 20, 2017 Unknown 0 Comments


 
 Lets Bake:  Chocolate cupcakes






























Hello again ;)

Seems like a long time since I last posted a blog post on here.  Today I am going to share with you an easy Cupcake recipe with yummy chocolate nests and mini eggs. 

Since Easter is just around the corner I thought I would bake some yummy cakes.  Who doesn't LOVE Easter.  Chocolate is my favourite and I probably eat it way too much.  These Cupcakes were delicious, the recipe I used was a good old Mary Berry Chocolate Cupcake recipe which I found on Baking Mad. 



Lets get into it then shall we......

You will need:

For the cakes:

4 Tbsp Boiling water
40g Cocoa powder
3 Eggs
175g Butter
165g Caster sugar
115g Self raising flower
1 Tsp Baking powder

For the chocolate nests:

1 Bar of chocolate (  I used Green & Blacks Organic Milk Chocolate with Butterscotch Pieces)
1 Box or Rice Krispies
1 Pack of mini eggs

For the icing:

Your going to want to stick the nests onto the cakes with some icing so they don't fall off!!

60g Butter
30g Cocoa powder
3 Tbsp Milk
250g Caster sugar







 Lets get started...
Step 1:  Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases and pre heat the oven to Gas Mark 6. 

Step 2:  Sift the Coco Powder into a large bowl and add the water.  Mix until a paste is formed.  (I needed to add a little more water to mine) Now add the rest of the cake ingredients and mix well.

Step 3:  Divide the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the a soft and springy to touch but a little brown onto top.  Or until a cocktail stick comes out clean. 

Step 4: Leave to cool.

Step 5:  To make the chocolate nests all you need to do is melt the chocolate.  I melt mine by bowling a pan of water, breaking the chocolate into pieces and putting the chocolate into a glass bowl and putting it carefully into the pan of boiling water.  You can also melt in the microwave.  I would suggest doing it 30 seconds at a time, taking it out and stirring the chocolate to make sure it doesn't burn. 

Step 6:  Once the chocolate is melted your going to now add the Rice Krispies.  Add as many as you like I just guessed the amount and made sure the chocolate covered each Rice Krispie. 

Step 7:  Divide this mixture into 12 cupcake cases and pop in the fridge to harden.

Step 8:  To make the icing all you need to do is pop the icing sugar, caster sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a bowl and mix until it is all combined. 

Now lets decorate:

To decorate the cupcakes all you need to do is add a small amount of icing to the cake and pop the chocolate nest on top.  Then add a tiny amount of icing to the mini eggs at the bottom and stick them to the nests.  I had enough mini eggs to put two on top of my cakes but to wild and add as many as you need.






And that's it!!  I used to make chocolate nests all the time as a child.  try them with Corn Flakes or Shredded Wheat they taste just as great!!  Enjoy your scrummy cakes.  Leave me a comment with how your cakes turned out.






0 comments: